Friday, July 9, 2010

Favorite Bible Verses

Today, Kelly's Korner Blog hop is your favorite Bible verses.

Just a personal favorite:
Call to me and I will tell you great and unsearchable things you did not know.
Jeremiah 33:3


Right now going through an almost two year battle with infertility, one of the verses I have prayed over and over is Micah 7:7. This verse constantly reminds me that I am waiting on his time, not my own. He does have a plan for Brant and I and our hope remains in Him, alone.

But as for me, I will watch in HOPE for the Lord.
I will wait for God my savior.
My God will hear me.



Another verse that I love is one that I fell in love with during a study of the book of Philippians. I did this study in college, which is when I was teaching a Sunday School class of Senior girl. This became the verse that I prayed over them, and have prayed over many, many others, and of course prayed over myself.

9And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight,
10
so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ,
11filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God.
Philippians 1:9-11


If you know me at all, you probably know that I have a passion for high school girls - which I why I was leading a Sunday School class with them when I was in college. If there is one thing that I remember from high school it was the temptation! I remember so many nights of crying and self doubt because I had fallen to the temptation. This verse is a constant reminder to me that I am not a slave to sin and that there is always a way out of Satan's temptations. This is also a verse that I drilled into the girls' heads to remind them of the same.

No temptation has seized you except what is common to man.
And God is faithful;
he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.
But when you are tempted,
he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.

1 Corinthians 10:13

No comments:

Post a Comment