Thursday, October 16, 2014

Day 15: 31 Days of This Sweet Love


If you're new to my blog, then know this:  I'm a 33 year old working (outside of the home) wife and mother to two precious girls.  I am a Christian and believer in Jesus Christ.  My priorities: bringing glory and honor to my Savior, and being the best wife and mom I can be to my family.  So naturally, many of my favorite 31 day series have been about parenting, raising children, and keeping a home because that is exactly the phase of life that I am in. 

But today's series is about something more important than raising my children, at least to me.  Have you ever heard the saying that the best thing you can do for your children is to love their father?  Well I'm a firm believer that statement is true.  One of the best things I could ever do for my children is to take delicate care of my marriage. 

So today's series is from Natalie at Little Things & Big Stuff 31 Days of This Sweet Love

I love this series because it is exactly what the blog button says - its little tips and ideas to help learn how to make marriages work.  Its joining your Google calendar so that you know you aren't double-scheduling yourselves; its setting limits on what you believe to be ok and not ok to discuss on social media; its meal planning; date ideas and everything in between.  

Your marriage is important.  It is the most important earthly relationship that I have.  If I don't take care of my marriage and it falls apart, how is that any good for my children?  So I choose to make my marriage a great one.  No, it is not perfect; heck, it is far from perfect.  But I absolutely love and adore my husband, and have made a commitment to be his wife and helpmate for the remainder of my life. 

Granted, I know that there will be hard days when I'm ready to give up, but there are also the greatest days that have made a home in my heart.  Marriage is work.  So I hope you enjoy Natalie's series as much as I do. And there will be a few more series that I post relating to marriage, although many of them are current series so I'll be recommending them toward the month.  So stay tuned.

8 comments:

Kristi Atkinson said...

Ashley,
I love that you are focusing on your favorite of the 31 days series! I haven't been able to look through everyone on the Write 31 Days website so this is a fun way to see what else is out there!

Kristi Atkinson said...

Ashley,
I love that you are focusing on your favorite of the 31 days series! I haven't been able to look through everyone on the Write 31 Days website so this is a fun way to see what else is out there!

Syncopated Mama said...

I agree! I always think of this spousal priority as being like putting the oxygen mask on yourself first before putting on your child on an airplane - because you and your spouse are now one and so you have to take care of yourself if you want to be able to help your children!

Susan said...

I just read a great quote from Christine Caine: "There is only ONE love language: DIE TO SELF."
That is the secret to a good marriage! You are in a beautiful, rewarding season of life - be blessed.

Anonymous said...

Great idea for the series - you have a good reason to spend time reading everyone's posts! What a good reminder, too, whether in a young marriage or a well-seasoned one!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing! I agree that children feel secure and loved when they see parental love. Working on our marriage is a gift for the entire family. Beautiful site here, and I'm glad we connected through 31 days. ~ Renee

natalie said...

hi! thanks for sharing my 31 days series from last year. I'm honored!

Moi said...

I love your positivity and too the point attitude - I look forward to reading more! Thanks for sharing tips on SUCH AN IMPORTANT TOPIC!!!

Post a Comment