Thursday, October 23, 2014

Day 19: Hope for a Messed Up Marriage

I love my husband. 

We have a very good marriage. 

We are happy.

But I also know that we committed to our marriage for a lifetime, and that is a very long time.  And I would be kidding myself if I didn't face the fact that there might be a very dark place in our marriage before this lifetime is over.  I am almost certain that there will come a day when I want to throw my hands in the air and give up.

I saw it happen before my very own eyes recently.  Unfortunately, it was to my very own parents.  I saw a marriage that I knew to be made of steal come crashing to the ground.  Being raise in a Christian home I thought that their marriage might bend, and sway back and forth, but it was made of steal and would NOT be broken. 

But I was wrong. 

Since that day, December 17, 2012 to be exact, I have done everything in my power to strengthen my marriage because if I'm completely honest, I am scared to death of it being broken thirty years from now.  If it happened to them, it can happen to me. 

So that is why my 31 Day favorite is 31 Days of Hope for a Messed Up Marriage.
http://caiobhesblog.wordpress.com/31-days-hope-for-a-messed-up-marriage/

Caiobhe ( pronounced Keeva) is nothing short of completely transparent in her series about allowing the Lord to bring light in the darkness of a shattered marriage.  Her story is sad, encouraging, hopeful, and beautiful.  It gives me hope to know that if one day my marriage is falling apart, our God is a God of restoration.  He alone can breathe live into death.  He makes all things new. 

So if you are struggling in your marriage today, or if you know someone who it, remind them that there is hope.  Send them to Ciaobhe's story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment