So I began to think about what I done in my grand 28 years of life, but when you put it all together, there is still much to accomplish! But regardless of what I have or haven't done in my 28 years, there are events that have changed me and made me who I am today.
- Accepting the Lord as my Savior at a young age and learning to love Him more each and every day.
- Going to the Orphanage Emmanuel in Guiamaca, Honduras for 2 months after college. Working with, caring for and loving 200+ children was exhausting, but yet the more rewarding time of my life, thus far!
- Marrying the love of my life in 2007 made me realize that I am not perfect and he is not perfect, but that God truly made us perfect for each other.
- Experiencing and battling infertility for over a year - this has made me rely so heavily on the Lord knowing that everything truly is in his hands. This has given me such a tender heart for women struggling with infertility and for mothers who have lost children.
- Meeting the Mitchells - the couple I met on a plane home to Texas from San Diego who had just found out their son had been shot, and later found out had died once we landed. God really does have a purpose in everything...even who we sit by on planes.
What events have changed you?