Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Delicious-ness!!!

I know I have been writing a lot about our fabulous meals, so I thought I would provide you a few mouth-watering pictures ...and of course the corresponding recipes!


This was our dinner tonight - Roasted Chicken and Balsamic Peppers. I got this recipe from Cooking Light and you print it out right here. This is definitely on of my new favorites! I fixed some garlic mashed new potatoes to go with it and it was the perfect match!



This is the delicious green apple salsa that I told you about here. I made it on Sunday and enjoyed with just a few chips.


Then last night, we covered our grilled salmon with it. It was a great meal with our baked asparagus.


Here is the recipe for the salsa:
3 plum tomatoes - chopped
1 cup Granny Smith apples - chopped
1/2 cup cucumber - chopped
1/2 cup corn kernels - chopped
1/2 cup red bell pepper - chopped
1/4 cup green onions - chopped (I actually used about 1/2 a cup because I love green onion)
1.5 tbsp of fresh lime juice (equals about 2 small limes worth)
2.5 tbsp of fresh cilantro - chopped
1 tbsp of jalapeno - seeded and chopped
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1.5 tsp sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper

Simply combine all ingredients and serve at room temperature, or chilled. I personally added about 1 tsp of garlic just to give it a bit more flavor. Next time I make it, I will probably add more jalapeno only because I would like it a bit more spicy. I think this is a great recipe just the way it is, but it is also a great recipe to add your own touch to!

Well I hope you try these out! I promise it is worth it! Oh, and just in case you are watching you calories, then you might want to know that 2 tbsp of the green apple salsa is only 24 calories. The Roasted Chicken and Balsamic peppers is 282 calories per serving.

1 comment:

Tricia Nae said...

Okay..YUM.

I will have to try the chicken.
And the green apple salsa. You know, I've never eaten fish (well, besides tuna...and that has only been in salad smothered to death with mayo and mustard and all the other fixins. I might be willing to try salmon with this salsa. Is it wrong to be scared of fish? LOL

Post a Comment