Monday, October 22, 2012

Wild Wonderful Weekend

I've been posting so many "31 Letters to My Daughter" that I haven't really written much about "life" lately.  So I thought I'd give a run down of our wild and crazy, yet wonderful weekend.

On Saturday, Emmalee and I went to Miss Hannah's 1st birthday party.  It was so much fun and Emmalee loved playing with the other kids.  She was so exhausted after the party, that she was asleep in the car before we even got on the road to go home. 

After we got home and took a "nap" (aka laid in our bed and talked to our animals the whole time), we went to the Pumpkin Patch at the First United Methodist Church in town.  We picked up Aunt Cookie and some of our cousins on the way.  Have I ever mentioned how crazy lucky I am to have a sister that is a photographer???  I am in love with some of the snapshots she captured of our babies playing together.








While Em & I were at the pumpkin patch, the hubs was installing my new cooktop. My old one was so nasty and old and I had been begging for a new one (especially since 2 of the burners had gone out - a woman CANNOT cook with only 2 burners!).  So one of our friends just bought a new home & is completely renovating the kitchen.  She had the same size cooktop & it was a glass top.  She was just going to throw it out, so she said we could have it.  I was beyond thrilled; however, Brant learned that you cannot force a glass cooktop to fit into the counter.


Brant said he was not putting the old one back in, so we got to go shopping.  Luckily, we had already saved some money for a new one, we just spend it a little sooner than anticipated.  But let me tell you that I am in LOVE with new cooktop.  It has 5 burners (2 small, 1 dual medium/large, 1 dual large/jumbo, and a warming burner).


On Sunday, we got up and went to church.  Emmalee was playing hide & seek with her daddy while momma was getting ready.  I had to take this quick video because she was cracking me up.  She had learned to say her name, so the fact that she was "calling" herself was priceless!


I mean, can she get any cuter? (and yes, I know I am completely biased!!)

After church, we decided to see what would happen if we changed Em's bed into a toddler bed.  I am so very glad that we decided to get a 4-1 convertible bed for her.  It made the decision so much easier.

I know she is only 18 month old, but she loved to be in her bed.  One of her favorite things is to sit in her bed with her books and read, and what kind of mother would I be if I didn't promote her reading? But if she was in her crib reading, then she would want you to stay in her room and hand her more books, or get her out...so, we decided to solve that problem.  Now she can get up, get down, and just be lil' miss independent!

I was a little concerned with how she would do last night, but so far she has done perfectly.  She went right to bed last night, and never got up.  I think one thing that "helps" is that last week we decided that she only gets a paci when she goes to sleep, so she knows paci has to stay in the bed.  So, if she wants her paci, she has to be in her bed.  Now, trust me, I'm praying that this continues, but I'm also prepared to have a few rough nights.  But I'll keep you posted! 

That sums up our wild wonderful weekend. I hope yours was as wonderful as ours! 

     

No comments:

Post a Comment