Monday, December 8, 2008

In Full Swing

Well you know the holidays are in full swing when you don't have a moment to spare. This past week was nuts! I, literally, have something going on EVERY night last week!
Monday - babysit for sister
Tuesday - Basketball game at DBU
Wednesday - Take dinner to Jon and Melissa
Thursday - Office Christmas party
Friday - Crossroads Women's Christmas banquet
Saturday - Neiman Marcus Adolphus Christmas Parade

So I am finally sitting down to post - but no pictures here, but I promise they are coming! On November 25th (Brant's birthday), our dear friends Jon and Melissa Grimes had their first precious baby, Cade Michael Grimes. He is the most adorable thing. So on Wednesday night, Brant and I took dinner over to them, and got to spend some great time loving on Cade - which, by the way, is not good when you are trying NOT to have baby fever!

On Thursday, we have our office Christmas party at one of the partner's homes. It was MAGNIFICENT! Servers to wait on us, a string quartet playing in the living room - they wined and dined us to the hilt! It was so nice being able to just mingle and get to know people outside of the office. I have some co-workers that are hilarious, but you would never know it in the office. I was so thankful just to get to know a different side of people.

On Friday, I went with mom, sister and Jessica to the Women's Christmas banquet at Crossroad Christian Church (where mom and sister go to church). The speaker was the amazing Sheila Walsh from Women of Faith. It was an AMAZING evening of laughter, tears, and absolute joy! One of the things that she said this year touched me so deeply...
"You have never lived a moment in this lifetime unloved."
We have a Father who loves his children so deeply that there has never been a moment in time where we were unloved! We have been loved out entire lives! What truth! If you have never had the opportunity to hear Sheila's testimony, or hear her sing, you need to! This woman has an amazing gift and her testimony will touch your heart in ways you never thought possible.

On Saturday, Jessica and I took Riley (Jessica's 4 year old daughter) and Kate (my 4 year old niece) to the Neiman Marcus Adolphus Children's Parade! It was FANTASTIC! Jessica and I met up and were in Dallas by 7am - and the parade didn't start until 10 - but we had AWESOME seats. We borrowed a side-by-side jogging stroller from sister's friend Collette and bundled the girls up with sleeping bags and blankets. It was chilly, but praise the Lord there really wasn't any wind blowing - so we just drank our hot chocolate and let the girls play with their barbie dolls until the parade started. I have tons of pictures, so I am going to make a collage of them, then I will post it.

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend and is getting in the holiday-mood!!! Only 18 more days!!!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment