Thursday, July 29, 2010

Drum Corps International

On Monday, Brant called me and sounded like a giddy little school boy. He asked me if we had plans that night, which of course we didn't, so he asked if we could go to the drum corps show. Well I said yes, having no clue what in the world the drum corps was.

A little unknown secret fact about my husband is that he is VERY musically gifted. He can sign like an angel, play guitar and was chosen to be a member of the Denver, CO Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps for playing trumpet when he was in high school. Needless to say, he was beyond thrilled when he found out that the Drum Corps International program was going on in Denton!

Now when I was in high school, marching band was for the geeks; however, I gained a new appreciation for them on Monday night after watching the immaculate skill, talent and coordination it takes to make it to the drum corps level.

This is a video I found of the Best of 2009 Drum Corps Competition:





Then this is the 2008 Best Moments...This video is AWESOME! These groups run like well-oiled machines with perfection and grace!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Wow! I bet that was so fun to watch. I was in the drum corp during high school and played the Baby Bass drum. Some of the funniest times of my life!

Post a Comment