Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup

I LOVE soups, and I LOVE easy recipes, and I LOVE my Crockpot, so this recipe is probably one of my favorites because its all three:  soup, easy, and Crockpot-perfect!

CHICKEN ENCHILADA SOUP


Ingredients (serves 4-6)
  • 1 lb FROZEN chicken breasts
  • 1 bag frozen corn
  • 1 can black beans - rinsed
  • 1 can crushed tomatoes
  • 1 can of green chillies
  •  1 medium onion chopped
  • 1 can red enchilada sauce
  • 1 can chicken broth
  • 1 cup of water. 
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 2 TBSP chopped cilantro
  • 1 TBSP cumin
  • 1 tsp chili powder (add more or less to add more or less "kick")
  • salt & pepper to taste.
Directions:
Place your  FROZEN chicken breasts on the bottom of your crockpot.  Toss in ALL of the ingredients.  Stir is up (but make sure the chicken remains on the bottom).  Cook on low for 8 hours.  Once its finished, shred the chicken with a fork.

I top mine with shredded cheese, sour cream, and some tortilla chips.  It delicious!

WARNING:  this does has a little kick to it, so taste before you give to your little ones.  I made Emmalee Caroline chicken soup instead of this because  I didn't want it to be too spicy for her.  

Hope you enjoy!

3 comments:

Naomi said...

Going to try this. Thanks for sharing!

Monica Meza said...

We made this last night and it was great! :)

Anonymous said...

I am making this tonight! this looks Delish! :)

Post a Comment