Monday, September 15, 2014

Motivation Monday

Do you ever just feel like singing "Good morning, good morning..." because that is definitely how I am feeling today.  Actually, if you want to know the truth my heart is full of different emotions today:

Joy - because my God is alive

Thanksgiving - because He continues to bless our family

Anticipation - because of things to come

Longing - because my sweet Madeline Grace is turning 1 tomorrow and I long for her to stay little

Excitement - for Madeline's birthday party on Saturday

Proud - because I finished my first 40-mile charity ride on Saturday for Bike Out Hunger Mansfield!


It was cold and drizzly and windy, but we still finished.  We almost pushed to do the 60-mile ride, but I was afraid I wouldn't be able to make it back with the miserable cross-wind that we were up against. 

But I saw this posting on Facebook the other day and this is my motivation this week:
        

I've needed this motivation more than ever now because I'm officially signed up to race in a duathlon on October 26th.  Its a 2-9-2:  2 mi run, 9 mi bike, 2 mi run.  The cycling I'm not worried about - its the running!  I get thrilled if I run a mile without stopping - now I have to run two miles...TWICE!  But I know that through my training, I can do it...and when its done, it will be worth it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment