Sunday, August 2, 2009

Life in the Fast Lane

Well things the Williams' list have certainly been crazy lately. So, since I haven't posted an update in forever, I thought I would go ahead and post since I'm at home for more than a few hours right now!

First of all, the weekend of July 17-19, I went with mom and sister, and about 15 other ladies, to a scrapbook retreat in Lindale, Tx. It was fabulous. Granted, I tend to lean more toward digital scrapping these days, but this was the perfect opportunity to work on my wedding/honeymoon album that is paper. Just for fun, here are a few of the layouts I created while I was there. If you want to see the small detail of each page, click on it to enlarge.





















After I got back from the retreat, life quickly got over into the fast lane. Work is wonderful, but busy! When I left my office yesterday, I had successfully worked over 76 hours in a week! Praise Jesus I decided NOT to go to law school. I would HATE to see my hours if I was an attorney! Right now, so many friends are calling me a workaholic, but I promise I am not.
Yes, things will eventually calm down, but news flash - I WORK AT A LAW FIRM! WE GO TO TRIAL!!!! AND TRIAL LIFE IS CRAZY!!! AND BY THE WAY, I LOVE MY JOB!!!

But last night, I did enjoy a great movie while I snuggled up to the hubs on the couch! We watch Defiance, with Daniel Craig. It was a great movie. Yes, it had some language, but the story is incredible. It all takes place in the 1940's during the holocaust. It is an extremely powerful story about a group of brothers who start a community of Jews living in a forest to escape Nazi capture. If you have not seen this movie, I strongly urge you to.

I hope everyone has had a great weekend, and has a fabulous upcoming week. !!

No comments:

Post a Comment