Saturday, August 27, 2011

New Weeknight Favs

This past week we tried some great new Cooking Light recipes. 

The first one we tried was the Buffalo Chicken Thighs.  The magazine has the recipe for blue cheese mashed potatoes as a side, but I just made regular ole' smashed potatoes. 

This was a really great and easy way to make chicken.  It has great flavor, but wasn't too hot.  Of course if you like it super spicy you can just add more hot sauce.  For us, the timing in the over that the recipe called for wasn't long enough.  I had to cook our chicken about 5 minutes longer - so just cut into your chicken before serving to make sure its completely cooked.
You can find the complete recipe here. 


The second recipe was incredibly delicious - Brant and I both couldn't stop eating it.  It was Barbeque Chicken Pizza.  The original recipe can be found here, but I changed ours up a bit. 

This pizza had a great crispy crust, and delicious savory, yet sweet taste.  Brant and I both agreed that we would definitely make this again! Here is how I cooked the pizza.

1 Tube of pizza dough crust.  Cook as directed on the package.

1/2 lb. chicken breast - you can use more, but I just used 2 breasts since there is just 2 of us.  Dice the chicken into small pieces, then pan sear it with a little olive oil.  Season with a small bit of salt and pepper.  Once it is completely cooked, toss it in just a bit of BBQ sauce.

Once the pizza crust is ready, smear the dough with BBQ sauce.  Scatter the chicken on the crust.

Slice on yellow bell pepper, 1 orange pepper and thinly slice red onion (I just used 1/2 of a large one).  Put the pepper and onion on the pizza.  Top with shredded mozerella and sharp cheddar.  Brant and I are not huge fans of blue cheese, so I used mozerella and some sharp cheddar for that good"cheesey" flavor. 

Bake at 500 degrees for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is completely melted.

I cannot tell you how wonderful this pizza was.  I insist that you try it, but make it your own.  Tell me how you made it and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment