Monday, June 18, 2012

"Fabulous" Father's Day

Well, maybe it wasn't fabulous.  On Saturday, Emmalee had a fever when she woke up from her nap but we had plans to go to my sister's for a cookout to celebrate my dad for Father's Day.  Em was acting complete fine and ate a good dinner.  Well when I went to get her out of the bed Sunday morning, Em had thrown up in her bed.  So Brant ended up going to church while I stayed home with this poor thing.

.

Brant was also sweet enough to pick up some fried chicken on his way home so I didn't have to cook, although I offered. Since I didn't have to cook lunch, I did cook dinner (Monterey Chicken found here) and made a special dessert - homemade apple fritters with a caramel dipping sauce - DELICIOUS! 

I will share the recipe in the next post.
  All in all, it was an ok day, but I felt horrible that we didn't get to go to church with this man.

The saying goes that "A Daddy is a son's first hero, and a daughter's first love".  And I say its true.   This baby loves her Daddy - and always has a smile and a kiss waiting just for him!  Brant Williams, you are one incredible dad and I could not have asked for a better father for my children.  Emmalee and I are two lucky gals to have you in our lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment