Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Tangy Sweet Pork Chops


On yesterday's Menu Monday post, I said that I was going to make a new recipe I found:  Tangy Sweet Pork Chops.  As promised, here is my review.



These were ok, not my favorite, but not bad either.  My crockpot does cook "well," so even at only cooking for 6 hours, the sauce along the edges burnt, and the sauce was more like a thick glaze. In order to thin the sauce out a bit, I got as much as I could into a saucepan and added some vegetable stock (I didn't have any chicken stock in my pantry).  I used maybe 1/4 cup and just let it simmer for a few minutes.  It definitely helped.

I served the pork chops over white rice (you could easily use brown) and I definitely recommend this.  The pork chops, to me, were very one-note:  SWEET.  I didn't get any "tangy" taste, just sweet.  So the rice helped cut some of the sweetness.

I also served this with some green beans, which was a great pairing.  Having a savory side to this helped to cute the sweetness, too.

Overall, I would rate it a 6 out of 10.  Again, it wasn't bad, it just wasn't my favorite either.  But how do you know if you like something until you try it?

No comments:

Post a Comment