Monday, October 4, 2010

A Crazy Busy Weekend

Well I don't know about ya'll, but I had the craziest weekend.

Friday night, Brant and I went with my parents to the Arlington/Mansfield Crisis Pregnancy Center Banquet at Cowboy Stadium. The banquet was actually hosted right on the field. It was so amazing.

Last year, the banquet raised just over $250,000 to help women choose life for their unborn child. This year, the speaker Bruce Wilkinson (author of the best selling book, The Prayer Of Jabez) truly pressed the issue of saving children from abortion on our hearts. He stated that it takes roughly $1000 per women to help her choose life. This includes medical care, sonograms, parenting classes, maternity and infant clothes, etc. So his challenge to each person was to donate $1000 for each child (or grandchild) you had. That night alone, $488,000 was pledged to be donated over the next year. That is 488 babies that could be saved.

(This was a view of the banquet from the club box area)

Then it was an early rising on Saturday when I went to Canton with my best friend, Jessica. We had so much fun, but it was so incredibly crowded. I really didn't buy anything because I all I wanted to buy was stuff for the baby...but I'm not even sure what I'm buying for yet! However, I sure did buy me one delicious jumbo corn dog and fresh lemonade. I was so delicious!

After I got home on Saturday, we had a Sunday School Pumpkin & Pizza Party at a friend's house. We had such a great time carving and painting pumpkins, and eating pizza and s'mores! Around 9:45, I had to go home because I was so exhausted from the day.

Sunday, we got up and went to church then I had a baby shower to attend. Out of the 17 couples in our class, 5 of us are pregnant. At the baby shower, there were 15 ladies and 6 of us were pregnant. Give it 9 more months and we will have the church nursery packed! But it was so great to shower Sally with gifts for Baby Elizabeth, and spend the afternoon in fellowship with everyone.

Before I went home, I had to run some errands and of course go grocery shopping for the week since we didn't have hardly any food in the house. I finally made it home about 7:30. Needless to say, I was so exhausted. This weekend wore me out, but it was also a great weekend spend with friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment