Friday, October 8, 2010

Happy Birthday Sister

Today is Sister's birthday. Sister is 5 years older than I am, so literally there isn't a time in life that I remember where my sister wasn't a part of it. She has always been there.


Growing up, Sister and I had a love/hate relationship. She was the cool big sister and I was the bratty, annoying little sister. But after she left to go to college, I missed her. I think we can both say that that is the time when we became friends. We were more than just sisters; more than just blood related; we were friends. I would always look forward to weekends she would come home. We would have so much fun together.


Over the past 10 years, Sister has become one of my very best friends. I talk to her (almost) everyday. She has become a confidant, a shoulder to cry on, a role model.

I have watched her as she has raised her 4 children. I have always loved babies and children, but in the past few years, I have learned that there is a big difference in loving children and being a good mom. I have seen my sister shower her children with love, encouragement and adoration, but also instill in them the value of respect, honesty and Godliness. I pray that I can be just half of the mother she is.

So on her birthday, I honor my friend, my inspiration, my sister!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SISTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment