Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In Love

Well saying that Brant and I are in love with this sweet baby girl is an understatement. She is so beautiful and has such a sweet personality. She is such a good baby - mostly just fussy when she is cold or hungry. We have made it through our first two nights pretty well. Emmalee usually wakes up to feed every 3 hours, but eats and goes right back to sleep. The only time she likes to stay awake a bit is around 6. Brant has been great taking Emmalee after he wakes up and letting me sleep late. I AM NOT looking forward to him going back to work.

We had our first doctor appointment today. Things look good, but they are a bit concerned that she hasn't gained back enough weight. I thought she was feeding pretty well, but they want me to make sure that she is eating every 2 hours. Other than that small matter, she is perfect!

After our doctor appointment, Sister came over for our newborn photo session. She is so talented with her camera and I can't wait to see some of these pictures. I snapped this quick shot while she was working.
Right now, Emmalee is spending some tummy-time with her daddy (while he's watching some tv, of course). He is an entirely different man since he has his baby girl. He is absolutely consumed with love for her and he LOVES his daddy - daughter time. I am so blessed to have such an amazing husband, and Emmalee is one lucky little lady to have such a great daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment