Friday, April 29, 2011

Time Flies By

This sweet baby girl has now been in this world for two weeks, but to me, it seems like it has only been a few days. She seems to complete our family (at least for the time being).

She loves to sit in her swing and just look around...and sometimes dose off.


We had our first tummy ache this week. Praise Jesus for Gripe Water. It also works magic on her hiccups.

Tuesday night we moved Emmalee into her own bed. As much as I wanted to keep her by my bedside, I knew she would sleep well in her own bed. I had told Brant that I would move her to her own bed when I could lay her down to sleep (without having to pat her back or soothe her to sleep) and she would sleep for 3-4 hours. Well I didn't expect that to happen so soon...but it did. Luckily, her room is across the hall from ours - literally only about 5 or 6 steps from my bed.
And yes, she and I both sleep better since she is in her own bed. She usually goes down for the night around 10:30 or 11:00, sleeps 4 or 5 hours, wakes up to eat, then sleeps for another 3 or 4 hours after that. Except last night of course when she didn't go to sleep until almost 1, but slept until 6;30 this morning. But of course, once she went back to sleep, I was already awake. Oh well, that just means that she and I get to take a nap together this afternoon.

I have had several people ask me how Dax is doing with Em. He is wonderful with her. Yes, he is a little sad that he is no longer the star of the show around our house, but he does love Emmalee. If she is asleep in her bed, he is usually right beside it. I've often come into the living room when Emmalee is in her swing and found Dax just sitting beside the swing looking at her. If we have company and they are holding her, he will sit right beside them to make sure that they don't hurt her. He just cracks me up.


I am loving being home with my baby girl. However, since Brant went back to work last Thursday, we have gotten out of the house everyday - even if its just a quick trip to Walmart. Emmalee doesn't seem to mind being in her carseat at all. She really loves if we have gone somewhere with her Aunt Cookie and her cousins - she loves having someone in the backseat to talk to her. Today we have some errands to run and our 2 week check-up with the pediatrician.

I hope everyone has had a great week and has a fabulous weekend. We're off to go watch the Royal Wedding (on the DVR, of course)!

2 comments:

The Williams Family said...

She is so beautiful Ashley!!! So happy for you guys!!!

Anonymous said...

THat is so bazaar to me that she is 2 weeks old. My oh my how the time goes by! She is precious Ashley, can't wait to see and you again!! :)

Post a Comment