Saturday, April 23, 2011

In a Week

It's been one week since I had the sweetest baby girl in the world (yes, I am a bit biased, but she is a wonderful baby!) I'm still in awe of her of how much the Lord has blessed us. She is truly the light of our lives.

Brant went back to work on Thursday, so Emmalee and I have been filling our days with fun. On Thursday, we had a follow-up doctor appointment to check on her weight. She was up to 7 lbs, 3.5 oz, so she's going great. After our appointment, we went to lunch with Granda, Aunt Cookie (my sister), and Ethan. After lunch, we went to Aunt Cookie's house because our Aunt Sandra, my cousin Krystal, and Krystal's babies came to see Em. We had a great time just visiting.

My Aunt Sandra, Michelle, and Emmalee


Michelle wanted her turn to hold Emmalee. She was so sweet with her.
Emmalee was worn out by her first day out on the town.

This is the most kissable little face I've ever seen!

Yesterday, on our one week birthday, we went on our first shopping trip with Aunt Cookie and Kate. We had so much fun. We got to wear our first little dress.

After our shopping trip Brant's sister, Kristie, came over last night to spend some time with Emmalee. We had a great visit. Here is Emmalee and Aunt Kristie after her bath, which she loved this time.
Last night, Emmalee slept like a champ! I actually had to wake her up at 3 am to feed, and then had to wake her up again at 8. I cannot tell you how wonderful she is. Well we're off to get ready to go to our first DBU baseball game. Emmalee's daddy is so excited to have her come up to the game - he LOVES showing off his beautiful baby girl!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

She is just precious, Ashley!

Anonymous said...

congrats, ash! she is beautiful. we cant wait to come see you guys! love ya! amy

Post a Comment