Friday, June 10, 2011

What's in a Week

Alot has happened in just one week. It feels like my world has turned a little upside down, and I'm trying to figure out how to get it right-side up! After an amazing 7 weeks at home with Emmalee, I had to go back to work on Tuesday and leave this sweet baby for the first time.


Luckily, the law firm I work for allowed me to start back only working 9 to 1. Since I'm only part-time, Sister is keeping Emmalee until I get home. Her cousins love having her at their house. The other day Amanda sent me this by text. Kate thought Emmalee needed story time.

She also gets to snuggle up to Connor and take naps.


But since I'm only working in the mornings, Emmalee and I get to have fun and play all afternoon. This sweet little girl just makes it all worth it.
However, leaving her is one of the most horrible things I've ever done. I hate it, but some type of income is needed. So, Brant and I have agreed that I should start looking for a new job - one that allows me to have a more flexible schedule and work from home at least part time. I have seriously considered keeping a few children in my home. I have always loved children and this would allow me to be with Emmalee, but also to love on other children and allow for social development for Em. I can honestly say that this past week Brant and I have been in constant prayer about what direction the Lord has for us and my work situation. This is definitely one prayer that I hope is answered quickly. I'll keep you posted!

Some other exciting news this week is that DBU won the Fort Worth NCAA regional tournament and is now playing in the California Super-Regional! This is DBU's first regional win and certainly a much-welcomed event! Brant and all of the athletic staff are now on the road to California to go cheer on the team on their journey to Omaha and the College World Series!
Since Brant is gone, that means that I'm playing the role of single mom. Luckily, Brant's parents came in town to help out. They were going to come down this weekend to spend time with Em anyways. My sweet mother-in-law made dinner for us last night so that I could just relax. It was so wonderful. I already have quite a few pictures from this weekend, so I'll post again soon!

I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend! We certainly plan on it!!!!!

1 comment:

Katie Bailey said...

I'm definitely intrigued to see what you come up with as far as working. I'm in the same boat...due with my first in November and want to stay home, but need income. I have also considered keeping kids at home (but do you need a license to do that??) but have been trying to figure out a way to work from home. Let me know if you have any good ideas! I will add you to my prayers!

Post a Comment