Friday, October 14, 2011

Hodge-Podge of Pictures

So, this is a completely random post of some pictures that I have taken this week - no point behind them at all, except for the fact that I think I am in mourning that my sweet newborn baby is going to be 6 montsh old tomorrow - 6 MONTHS OLD!! I have no clue where the past 6 months have gone - it seems like just yesterday I was getting ready to go to the hospital to have her.  Wow - what an amazing 6 months this has been!

On Wednesday, Emmalee went to Aunt Cookie's house for a few hours. Amanda sent me this picture and I just couldn't help but post it!  How cute are these two?   I think Em was having fun playing with all of Cousin Ethan's toys!



That same evening, Brant had to work all night, so Emmalee and I ran some errands.  One of those took us close to the Brighton Store at the Arlington Highlands, so we stopped by to say "Hi" to Ms. Carol.  I worked at Brighton through college and Carol has been a dear friend of our family ever since.  My mom actually works for Brighton now and she and Carol have become buds. 



I am so emotionally fickel right now.  I get so excited watching Emmalee grow and do new things everyday, but I am also so sad because I feel like time is flying by and I don't have time to savor it.  But it is still exciting to see her growing.  She is rolling everywhere and she is beginning to scootch herself on the floor when she wants something. 



And these are the moments that make me sad because I just want to freeze her - just like this.  It melts my heart when she is my sweet, cuddly baby girl who just wants to snuggle up to her momma.  I absoltuely LOVE these special moments.  To me, this is the what being a mom is all about!




No comments:

Post a Comment