Thursday, February 2, 2012

Just a Swingin'

Yesterday was a horrible day.  It was one of those "only once in a blue moon" days that I was plagued with a feeling of guilt over being a working mom.  Most days being a working mom doesn't bother me - I work becasue I need to help support my family.  Most days (most, not all), the good outweighs the bad, but yesterday was not one of those days. 

However, there are a few things that definitely made it a better day.

First, and most importantly (although some may disagree), I am doing what is best for my family.  I am supporting and loving them with every minute that I am away.  I am happy at work, I love my job, and it provides us a means to live comfortably without always being obssessed with the dollar amount in the bank.

Second, I know that Emmalee is having a great time at Ms. Donna's.. Y'all, I might have the all-best sitter EVER! She absolutely LOVES every single baby in her home just like they were her own.  I have never walked in and seen anything but a toothy-grin on my daughter's face.  She is happy, and playing and making friends and being loved every minute of it! 

So, after a long, difficult day yesterday, Brant and I decided that it was the perfect evening to take Emmalee to the park.  So we pack up the car as soon as we got home and have, in my mind, the perfect family night. I think we have definitely decided to have Emmalee's first birthday party at the park because this little girl LOVES to swing!



We had so much fun!  Then we headed to the perfect dinner destination - Chick-Fil-A.  Then we came home, game Em a bath (which she LOVES), then she played, played and played!  For Christmas she was given an activity walker by her Granda and Grandad, but she wasn't really a fan of actually walking with it...until tonight.  Y'all, I was so proud!  I was just sitting on the couch, then I all of the sudden heard the walking song and she was just toddling all over the living room!  So then I screamed for Brant and it took us 10 minutes for her to even do it again - ha!



In my mind, it was a perfect little evening - just me and my (in my mind) perfect little family!  Can I just say this - no matter how many good days, or bad day - I LOVE being a momma!

2 comments:

The Williams Family said...

I'm so glad you had a great evening with your little family!! God knows just what we need :)

The Anglin Family said...

She's so cute! We all have days like that;) Chick Fil A and the park seem to help, ha!
Got your package today!! Thank ya;)))

Post a Comment