Wednesday, February 1, 2012

...and other Phenomena of Motherhood

So many of you know my dear friend, Amanda.  

Amanda and sweet Ms. Beverly at my wedding.

Some of you know her as Amanda, some know her as AmandaMoJo, and many of you know her as Baby Bangs.  But to me, she is my friend - and a sweet, precious one at that!  And if you do know her as the author of Baby Bangs, then I hope you know what Baby Bangs represents:  "Besides a baby, what pregnant women get in return for surrendering their waistlines is nine months of thick, glorious hair. It’s a beautiful thing. However, when Baby is just a few months old (about the time Mommy is seeing hints of her returning waistline) it all falls out. Soon her face is framed by the re-growth—lovely inch-long hairs called baby bangs." (taken from Baby Bangs).  

As of today, I am FULLY understanding what baby bangs is all about!   So today's post:  MY phenomana of motherhood!

Phenomena 1 
An inability to sleep through the night - regardless of how exhausted I am.  Not becasue my baby wakes up (becasue she literally sleeps thought the night most nights) but because I "think" I hear her and my momma-ears pick up every single sound...even if it is just her snoring!

Phenomena 2
An inability to stay awake past 10 pm. I absolutely cannot do it.  To be 100% honest, I'm not sure if this is a side-effect from motherhood, or old age.

Phenomena 3
Loss of brain cells and memory.  They say pregnent women have "pregnant brain" because they can be foregetful and completely absent minded.  Well NEWS FLASH - IT DOESNT GO AWAY! Just becasue you have that sweet angel in your arms instead of your tummy doesn't mean that your memory, brain cells and sanity come back...they don't. 

Phenomena 4
Allergies. I have never had allergies - I like to think I have an immunity due to living in Texas all my life.  But then I had a baby...and now I have allergies!  Seriously?  Of all the phenomena to happen, I have to get allergies?

And last, but not least...

Phenomena 5
I have baby bangs, and have no idea what to do with them!

BUT
If this is my reward for all of the "phenomena" I get, then I'll take it!!!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I love it, Ashley! I'm still waiting on my brain to bounce back.

Jennifer said...

Totally agree with the 10 o'clock thing. I am the same way!

Post a Comment