Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Night with {3} New Friends

I had the most wonderful night last night.  Brant had picked up some Chinese take-out from our favorite Chinese place - Happy Wok (real good for my WW points, I know!).  So I fed Emmalee, had some dinner, then the three of us just played, and played, and played.  About the time that it was time for Emmalee to go to bed, I made her bottle, handed her (and the bottle, of course) off to Brant, then left to go up to the hospital.

My sweet friend, Ashlee, and her husband, Nathan, just had triplets (naturally, I might add.  NO fertility drugs).  Ashlee was so gracious and invited me to come see the babies.  I was thrilled, and of course jumped at the opportunity to see them.  They are the sweetest little things you have ever seen!



Sweet Savannah - Baby A - weighing 3.3lbs at birth and is now 4 lbs. 15 oz. 

Ms. Harlee - Baby B - weighing 3.6 lbs when she was born and is now just barely over 5 lbs.
Super Cooper - weighing 2.6Lbs when he was born, now a little over 4 lbs.

It was just a fabulous evening of feeding and cuddling these sweet angels. They are all doing so great!  The are still being monitored for their vitals, and have feeding tubes, but they are in open cribs and thriving.  Right now, all the girls have to do is take all of their bottles then they can be wire free!  Harlee and Savannah might be home in a week, and Cooper will probably be following close behind. 

The Verner Family



Me and all the babies: Cooper, Harlee, and Savannah

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

I'm so glad you got to come meet the gang!! I don't know how you kept the girls straight in your pictures! But... I'm pretty sure you did it! They might need different color pedicures when they get home just for safe measure! Love you girl!

Anonymous said...

God blessed Emmalee and Brant with a wonderful Mommy and wife!

Post a Comment