Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Growing Girl

Well Emmalee Caroline turned 15 months old on Sunday.  I still can't wrap  my mind around the fact that she is getting so big and INDEPENDENT!!

On Monday we had our 15-month well check with our favorite pediatrician, Dr. Hull.  
Dr. Hull said Emmalee was "perfect".  She weighs 21lbs 12oz and is 32.5" long.  She is still in the 30% for weight and 95% for height - literally the same since she was 6 months old!  She is wearing 12 months clothes but an occasional 18 month for length, and is still in size 3 diapers.  Our appointment was great, but ended with 2 shots, so what's a mom to do?  Get her baby a CFA milkshake!!!

YUM!!!  Milkshakes always make it better!
She really has an outstanding vocabulary.  "Dax" is still one of her favorite words, as well as "bite please", "more", "mommy", and "daddy".  She also mastered saying "thank you", "bananas", "go to bed", "bath", "outside", "puppy", "cat", "book", and quite a few more.  I love seeing her learn new words, except when she picked up the work "suck" after she heard her daddy say something "sucks" the other night - oops! PARENTING FAIL!

Em is also doing great on her motor skills and development - Dr. Hull says she is right on track!  I love seeing her do new things and watching her "discover" this great big, fascinating world we live in.  She loves to play outside and pick up the grass, sticks, leaves, and dirt (yes, she is definitely her father's child).  She loves to chase after Dax and love on him.  She got a bubble-gun for her birthday and loves to blow bubbles.  Wagon rides are certainly a favorite, as well any other outside activity.  Em will RUN toward water - the pool, the lake, the bath - she loves it! 

Em is still a great eater, although bananas, grapes, watermelon, carrots and cheese (especially mac'n'cheese) are her favorites.  She's not a huge meat eater, but I still try to get her some protein every day.  She might already love her some CFA sweet tea - oops again.

She's also a great sleeper.  She usually has 2 naps during the day, then goes to bed between 8 and 8:30 and sleeps until 6:30 (or 7 - 7:30 on the weekends).  She's also really easy to put to sleep - just ask her if she is ready to go to bed.  If she's ready, then she'll walk to her room and ask to get in her bed.  If not, she'll tell you "no" then ask her again in 10 minutes.

I still can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast.  She is so independent and I fell like I never get to just hold her and cuddle her anymore.  So the other night she fell asleep on the home from a friend's birthday party, so when I went to lay her down I could help but just hold her awhile.  I kept her in my arms and sat down in her rocking chair and I just held my sweet baby girl.  It was a moment of pure bliss for me. 

Well happy 15 month-birthday baby girl.  Your momma and daddy still love you more and more each day.  You bring a smile to our faces and joy to our hearts every moment.  We are so blessed and honored to be your parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment