Monday, July 23, 2012

Menu Monday

Yesterday we got a call from Brant's sister and her AC unit at her house went out, so she asked if she could come stay for a few days.  Well of course we were happy to have her and Emmalee was thrilled to spend special time with her "Special K" (Kristie).  When she asked if she could come, she said she would make dinner for everyone tonight - and since I work outside the home - I would be a fool not to accept the offer!

So, the week starts out with a guest-cook making a fabulous chicken spaghetti.


Tuesday night, I'm making one of my all-time favorites from Rachel Ray - Chicken & Peaches.  I know I've posted the recipe before, but here it is again.  This is one of my most favorite recipes - absolutely delicious - especially this time of year when the peaches are in season.



Wednesday - Slow Cooker Beef Stroganoff.  I have never made this recipe before, but I am so excited about it.  Talk about comfort food at its finest - especially with some delicious green beans and fresh green salad!

Thursday  - Baked Salmon with vegetable medley.  This is so easy - I just take my salmon fillets and put on a foil-lined cookie sheet. Sprinkle with EVOO, salt, pepper, then the juice of a lemon.  Bake at a low temp (around 275 or 300) for 15 minutes.


Friday - as usual - its pizza night!

As I've told y'all before, I usually don't plan our meals for the weekend just because you never know what we'll be up to, but I decided yesterday that I need to start cooking more for Sunday lunch.  Its very common for us to go out after church, but Sundays are so hard on Emmalee because she doesn't get her morning nap.  She usually falls asleep before we even leave the church parking lot.  SO going out to lunch is not always a great idea because she is so exhausted that she doesn't eat much and throws a fit.  So I told B yesterday that I think its best if we begin having Sunday lunch at home.

So Sunday - Spaghetti and meatballs with a fresh green salad and garlic bread.

What are y'all havin' this week?  



No comments:

Post a Comment