Tuesday, April 2, 2013

One of Those "Guilt" Days

Are you a working mother?  I am .  Emmalee will be 2 years old in less than 2 weeks and I went back to work when she was 10 weeks old.  I'm used to it.  I love my job, and she loves her "Nonny" (aka Ms. Donna) and all of her friends at Nonny's house.

But I would be lying if I told you that there are not days where I feel guilty, because there are.  Even after almost 2 years, I still have a day here and there when I feel guilty for working.

Sometimes, I feel like Emmalee is missing out.  She doesn't get to have fun lunch dates, or do swim lessons, or gymnastics, or playdates.  Sure she could...on the weekends.  But our weekends always seem busy already with birthday parties, or baby showers, or family events.  Sometimes I feel like my working cuts out stuff for her.

Then I get pictures of my little girls playing baby dolls with her friends, and singing, and I hear her laughing when I go to the door to pick her up, and that guilt fades away.

My baby girl gets to have play dates every day.

My baby girl gets to have a special lunch dates all the time.

My little girl is having the best time with her friends every single day.

And on days where we get to have special time together, like Good Friday at the zoo, it just makes them that much more precious. 

So if you're a working mom, remember this:  There will be good days, and bad days; sad days and "guilt" days, but you will always be their momma, and NOTHING can take that away from you!  You're a GREAT mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment