Friday, September 12, 2008

Believable Dream

Have you ever had one of those dreams that is so believable that you wake up and think it was real? That was me last night...a dream so vivid and possible that I thought it was real.

Last night, I dreamed that Brant and I adopted a baby from Honduras, a country that I have a passion for. This was an adorable little girl, 9 months old with dark curly hair. She was beautiful, and she was ours. Well, she became ours. The dream started with me flying to Honduras to bring her back to the states just for the weekend to see how she "took" to Brant and I...and she adored us as much as we adored her. Throughout the dream, I had to take her back to the orphanage from our trial weekend and finish all the paperwork in order to bring her home for good...and in fact we did.

When I woke up, I actually listened to hear the coo of a baby in the other room, but soon realized that this was only a dream. But it almost brought me to tears - to think of the children in Honduras who long for a mother and father to love them.

Some of you may not know that for three months after I graduated from DBU, I went to Orphanage Emmanuel in Guaimaca, Honduras. The faces of the children I grew to love have been imprinted on my heart, and this "baby' was one of the faces - the face of Carole. When I got to the orphanage, my "place" was in the toddler house working with all the babies and just loving on them. Carole was just a year old when I got there and I fell in love with this angel. She had the cutest little cheeks and these beautiful brown eyes. I cherished this little girl and her face is so vivid in my memories of my time there. I went to the orphanage website and this is the most current picture of Carole...Yes, it is still hard for me to look at this face and not burst into tears..oh how I long to hold this baby again. She should be 4 now - Kate's age. Here are some of the other faces I fell in love with...

This is Ricardo, Jose, and Yenny (who I had a very special bond with)


Dinoldo, Jenifer and Nohemy Sophia.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Unknown said...

HELP! I can't read your blog...the font color and background all blend together!

Post a Comment