Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Busy Holiday

I'm so sorry its been awhile since I posted...last week was busy and this weekend even busier!!! First of all, let me tell you about the wonderful dinner I made Friday night...a recipe from Crockpot365 of course! It was an entire meal in the crockpot. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical from the beginning, but everything turned out very nicely. I used a sirloin steak and smothered it in a steak rub, then added potatoes and corn on the cob. Cooked on low for 7 hours...and VOILA! An entire steak dinner ready and cooked to perfection when I returned home. Go check out the recipe here.

On Saturday, I worked from home for several hours while Brant was working too...then I trimmed the hedges in our front yard and did some yard work...I actually have the blisters to prove it! We ordered fajitas for 2 from Chili's to go and had a nice, quiet dinner at home. Then we watched "Ghosts of Mississippi", a true story about the assassination of civil rights leader Medgar Evers in 1963. It was a good movie.

Sunday, Brant's parents came into town and went to church with us. Unfortunately, our Pastor threw his back out, so we had a guest speaking. I wish they could have heard Bro. David because he is so wonderful. Then we all went to Plano to have lunch with Kristie and Aeson, and then headed back to Kristie's house to make some delicious homemade ice cream. We really enjoyed getting to spend some time with everyone.

Yesterday, we were lazy and laid around the house all morning. Then we went to Home Depot for an office plant...I decided my desk needed a little greenery. After grocery shopping, I headed over to Sister's house to swim and play with the kiddos. We had so much fun. It was so nice to have a day just to play and hang out with them - they are growing up so darn fast. Can you believe that Ethan is about to be one?!?!?!?! I cannot fathom how quickly each of these babies has grown...I still remember the day Mason was born like it was yesterday.

Well I hope everyone had a fabulous Labor Day holiday...and just think...it means a short week!!! WooHoo!!!



Grabbie

No comments:

Post a Comment