Friday, June 18, 2010

Proposal Story

Today at Kelly's Korner, everyone is sharing their proposal stories.

My proposal story happened on Valentine's Day, 2007. Brant and I had been dating for about a year and a half, and I knew this was the man I would marry. We had talked about a summer wedding because he knew I didn't want to get married in the fall or winter (only because we already have too many birthday and family "stuff" during that time) and I certainly didn't want to wait until next spring.

Well the night before Valentine's Day, I remember us being on the phone and Brant told me that he didn't know when I would get my wedding. He had planned to buy an engagement ring with his tax return, but he didn't know how big his return would be or when he would get it. So I spent most of the night in tears...but he promised me that he WOULD marry me one day.

So for Valentine's Day, we had plans just to go to dinner, so I told him that I would meet him at his apartment after work. So as soon as I got there, he asked if I was ready for my present, and I told him yes. So he asked me to sit down in the chair and close my eyes. I felt something heavy in my hands, and when he told me to open my eyes, there was a beautiful leather bound Bible with Ashley Williams engraved on it. Well, Williams is of course my married name, so at the time, I was Ashley Wages. Brant told me to open my new Bible to 1 Corinthians, chapter 13. There, tied to the small satin bookmark was a beautiful diamond solitaire.

If Brant were describing this story, he would tell you that it was at that moment that I turned into Niagara Falls. He then pulled me to my feet, untied the ring, and on one knee, asked me to be his wife.

The rest is simply history. We were married 5 short months later and I was able to have my summer wedding. In July, Brant and I will celebrate 3 years of marriage. It seems like we had our first date just yesterday. Well, I guess we'll see what the next 50 years holds!!!

2 comments:

Caroline said...

I LOVE THIS STORY

I LOVE THIS STORY

I LOVE THIS STORY....i can hardly imagine myself getting engaged without a bible and scripture involved!He did great! I love this story!

Tricia Nae said...

Such a great story!! So sweet!!

Post a Comment