Monday, February 7, 2011

Some Southern Cookin'


So this weekend, I was in the mood for some delicious southern cookin'!

Saturday night, Brant and I have tried Paula Deen's Orange Glazed Grilled Pork Tenderloin and Mashed Sweet Potatoes with a Kick. Both were absolutely DELICIOUS! The sweet potatoes left me wanting more just because of their flavor and the meat was so yummy. I will definitely make these again.

On Sunday, we had some good friends over for lunch and I made Rachel Ray's Chicken and Peaches. I had seen Rachel make this on her 30 Minutes Meals show one day this weekend when we were iced in. It didn't necessarily sound great, but it looked divine! So I tried it and it was absolutely fabulous! I really think this might be one of my new favorites. You can use any fresh peaches - since you are cooking them, they don't even need to be ripe because cooking will bring out the natural flavor. I served this with roasted new potatoes and green beans...a true southern meal!

Now I just need to finish my menu for this week! What's on your list to make???

2 comments:

Tricia Nae said...

I will have to try that chicken and peaches!! We have gotten in SUCH a recipe rut. I feel like we have spaghetti every week...no..wait...we do!

Anonymous said...

i AM sooooO making that chicken and peaches!!!

Post a Comment