Saturday, July 9, 2011

4th Weekend

Well I know that it has been a week since our long, holiday weekend, but I am just now getting around to posting some pictures. Sorry. I guess you could say that all of my priorities have been rearranged since I had a baby. Being Em's mom has been the funnest thing - EVER! I, literally, rush home everyday to get home to her so we can play and laugh together. Oh - just the joy of my life!

Anyways, last weekend was fun. Saturday we just relaxed around the house. Brant had a large paper due in one of his master's classes, so he was working diligently to get it finished. Em and I just played and cleaned house. I had been given a few Baby Einstein videos when Em was born, and I knew that children loved them, but the cover says they are for 6 months and up. Well Em has started to really focus on bright colors, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to turn one on...and she loved it! She was "talking" to the TV and all the animals on it. It was adorable. Can I just tell you how wonderful it was to spend the whole day with this precious baby?!?!?!?

Saturday night our good friends Chad and Jalah came over for dinner. We had such a great time eating, talking and playing "Jokers and Marbles."

On Sunday, we went to church and if you follow me on Twitter, then you might remember that a sweet lil' old man asked me if Emmalee was a "he or a she?" And she was wearing this precious little outfit. I just smiled and replied, "She's a girl".


After church, we came home, had lunch, took a nap, then went swimming at Aunt Cookie's house! Em liked the water. She has always loved her bath and since it it 105 here in good ole' Tejas (Texas in Spanish for all you foreigners - foreigners meaning not from Texas!), the water isn't that cold...so, she liked it! She played and kicked her little legs for about 15 minutes, then fell asleep...in the pool! They say swimming makes you tired!

Monday, we hung out around the house until late afternoon. Then Brant and I went to go see "Transformer's 3" and let Granda and Grandad babysit Em. Mom has been begging me to have some alone time with her, so I thought this was the perfect opportunity and they were happy to oblige! The movie was good - long, but good. After the movie, we headed over to mom and dad's to eat some homemade ice cream and watch the fireworks. Em loved seeing all the bright colors in the sky, but was ready to go to bed as soon as we got home.

It was a great weekend for us, and I hope for you too! Today we are taking Emmalee's 3 month pictures and I am so excited about the outfits and bows that I have picked out for her! I hope you have a cool, fun Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment