Friday, July 22, 2011

My Advice...on Marriage!


Today Kelly's Korner is going a blog-hop on marriage advice. If you look at my post from Wednesday here, you'll see that Brant and I just celebrated 4 years of marriage - and it has been the best 4 years of my life!

Although I am by far no expert on marriage, I do have a few tidbits I try to live by in order to make marriage a happy one.

1) PICK YOUR BATTLES
I hate fighting, and to me, there is nothing worse than fighting all the time. In marriage, I think you have to pick your battles. Don't fight over the small stuff because its just that - small stuff. I have a friend who gets mad (and stays mad) over the silliest things, yet she wonders why she can't have a long-term relationship. Who wants to be with someone who gets angry and yells because you didn't say "I love you" when they hung up the phone? So pick your battles wisely!

2) TREAT EACH OTHER WITH RESPECT
Respect is one of things that every one of us expects, but don't always give. As a wife, I have to respect my husband, but I also expect him to respect me. We value each others' opinions and listen to what the other one has to say. If you don't then our marriage would fall apart. How can you have a bonded relationship with someone if you don't have respect for them?

3) KEEP IT SPICY
I think, or at least I hope, this one speaks for itself. But just in case you need some help do on a date, have a night out (w/out kids), put one some "cute" pj's...the stuff that keeps is fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment