Thursday, July 28, 2011

Cheesy Meatloaf

So this week has been cleanout the refrigerator and pantry week. I didn't go grocery shopping on Sunday like I normally do, so I've been "throwing" meals together. On Tuesday, I made a DELICIOUS meatloaf! Brant and I both loved it and the flavors were so savory. I had this mini-meatloaf recipe from Cooking Ligh, so I used it as a guide. But here is MY version of Cheesy "Clean-out the Pantry" Meatloaf!

Ingredients:
1lb ground beef (use as lean as possible - I used sirloin)
1/3 cup crushed cheese n' herb flavored crutons
1 TBSP EVOO
1 onion, chopped
2 TBSP minced garlic
3/4 c ketchup - use 1/2 cup in the meat mixture, then use 1/4 on top)
handful of shredeed parmeassan cheese
handful of shredded sharp cheddar
1 tsp oregano
1 TBSP dijon mustard
1 egg lightly beaten
good pinsh of salt and fresh ground black pepper

Directions:
Turn on the oven to 425. Grease or spray your bread pan.
Heat your EVOO in a skillet and saute your onions and garlic for about 5 minutes.
All all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
Put in bread pan. Bakc for 25 minutes. Then put the remaining ketchup on top of the loaf. Bake for 15-20 more minutes.

I cannot tell you how wonderful this was! I am SURE to make it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment