Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Life update!

Sorry it's been awhile since I last posted. We had a crazy weekend, and things haven't slowed down a bit! Last Friday, my car died so our main focus on Saturday was fixing it. Brant had to work a bit Saturday morning, so I asked sister if she could pick me up for Mason's football game - HE IS AWESOME! He is great at defense...his team won 24 - 0 !!! But while I was gone to the game, Brant figured out that the battery was my car problem, so that was solved with a quick trip to Wal-Mart (thanks to me keeping my receipt from the previous battery, we didn't have to pay a cent of the new one...thank you Jesus!).

Then late Saturday afternoon, we got a call from Brant's sister that his uncle was in the hospital and not doing very well. Uncle Howard was diagnosed with Stage4 Pancreatic Cancer about 5 months ago and is heading into the end stages. His kidneys are beginning to fail and he is delirious at times. So, we headed up to the hospital which is about an hour from our house. Brant was smart enough to have us pack a bag to stay at his sister's house since she only lives about 10 minutes from the hospital. So we spent Saturday evening, and most of the day Sunday with his family. When we left Sunday, Howard was very alert and being the comical man we all love. Each day could bring a change, so we are just praying specifically for the Lord's will - whatever that may be.

Work this week has been absolutely insane! My boss has been gone and I have had to take care of things that normally she shields me from...so lets just say I've been working 10-12 hours day! But, I still love it!

Last night, we had another delicious crockpot dinner, courtesy of Crockpot365. We had the Meatloaf. It was fabulous and incredibly easy! I would recommend this to anyone!

This upcoming weekend, all of my mom's family is coming in town for the Alzheimer's Memory Walk. My grandfather was diagnosed several years ago with this disease and has been in a nursing home for the past 2 years. We are walking as the Green Team this year in honor of my dear Poppy, David Green. Our team goal is to raise $500 and we can't do that without help. If you have an extra $5 or $10, we would love to have your help in walking for Poppy. You can go so Sister's blog and she has a link to our team website where you can donate online.

Well I hope everyone has had an excellent week so far - I'm counting down the days until Friday!

Photobucket

1 comment:

TriciaNae said...

Yay for an update!! Hope you get a chance to breathe at work. I'm so determined to use my crockpot. Can you believe it is still in the box? In my defense...we've only had dinner once at the new place.

Post a Comment