Tuesday, November 16, 2010

17 Week Highlights

As of today, Baby W is a full 17 weeks along. Here are some of the highlights.


Size of the baby: Baby W is the size of a turnip (5" long and weighs 5 ounces)
Total weight loss/gain: 2 lbs.
Maternity clothes: Just tops. Most of my pants still fit with the help of the belly band, but I did have to go to a few maternity tops.
Gender: We find out on November 23rd, only 7 more days!!!!
Movement: Some - I don't feel many kicks or punches, but I definitely feel the little flips and swimming around - literally like flutters!
Sleep: This week I have been really tired, but I'm sleeping great at night.
What I miss: Not much yet!
Cravings: Salty and sour...like pickles! And yesterday, I was craving nachos!
Symptoms: Headaches...and a growing belly!
Fun Facts: Baby W can now hear sounds outside the womb, and the skeletal cartilage is now turning into bone.

This week, several ladies that have struggled with infertility like I did have really been on my heart. I so vividly remember the days where I just wanted to cry, or when I literally had to rely completely on the Lord for joy and strength. If you have a moment, pray for the ones you know struggling. Our God is a God of mercy and miracles - I have seen Him work one in me! I pray that these women find JOY in HIM! That they rely on His truth and promises everyday.

4 comments:

Tricia Nae said...

Aww Ashley, you just look so cute!! I can't believe you are going to find out in a week!!!

My heart just goes out to anyone who wants a baby and can't or hasn't been able to have one yet. I know there are a lot of things that I need to take care of before I have a baby, and I am trying so hard to trust in Him...but that ache of wanting one RIGHT NOW is so powerful. I do find such hope in the praises of stories like yours!!

The Williams Family said...

I'm so excited for you guys!! Glad I got to see you last night, you look great!!! Love the little baby bump :)

Paige said...

How exciting! You look great!

Rach said...

I'm so happy for you!!!!!!! What a huge blessing! Wanted to tell you that I craved similar things with Hud, so my guess for your little babe is BOY! :) Can't wait to find out!

Post a Comment