Friday, June 27, 2008

Favorite Summer Memories

When I walked out to my car this morning to leave for work, it felt so good outside. It made me start thinking about some of my favorite things to do during the summer - of course that was when I was a kid and actually had a summer.

There was Youth Camp and family vacations at Lake Murray...playing in the sprinkler when I was young. Sister and I used to have a trampoline in our backyard growing up. We would put the sprinkler under the tramploine then jump in the water spraying up. I can even remember sleeping outside on the tramploine when the world was somewhat safe...but that's another post.

Anyways, I think one of my best summers was right after my freshman year in college - I spent the entire summer with Jessica - the bestie! This particular summer we would either stay together at my house, or at Jessica's grandparents house - both houses were somewhat close to the lake. My mom and dad had our boat at the state park marina, so we would go over to the swimming area. Everyday, we would pack our beachtowels and two floats and drive to the lake. We would get in the water with our floats, then swim all the way out to the buoy line and "attach" ourselves to the line. We would then float for 30 minutes on our backs and 30 minutes on our stomachs! It was awesome...the whole time just laying the water talking about everything under the sun...that was the life!!! Needless to say, I had an awesome tan that summer!!! Now, if I could only find a way to turn back time...any ideas?

So now tell us what your favorite summer memory is. Post your memory on your blog and link it here so we can all know what your best summer was!!!





Grabbie

1 comment:

Janelle and Ella said...

That sounds AMAZING!! Laying out at on the lake, it really doesn't get much better than that.

Post a Comment