Friday, August 13, 2010

30 Day Blog - Favorite Book & Quote

I know, I'm a day late on posting my favorite book and today is favorite quote...so I am just combining both journal entries!

Favorite Book

I LOVE reading (as most of you can tell with all the book reviews and reading I talk about). I read anything...love stories, fantasies, mysteries...I love it all. To me, a great book is one that pulls me into the story. Its a book that captures me so deeply that I can see myself being a character in the book. Out of all the books I've read, here are my top three!


This book is amazingly written. You can read my personal review about it here. I would love to have been Abra.

I had never read CS Lewis until Chronicles of Narnia: Lion Witch and the Wardrobe was coming into theaters. I wanted to read the book before I saw the movie. I ended up reading most of the Chronicles' stories and loved them. I would have loved to have been Susan.


And yes, one of my most favorite reads of all time - The Twilight Saga.
(Yes, the whole series). I have never been so captivated by a work of fiction like I was in Twilight. I enjoyed every word and longed for more once I finished. I would loved to have been Alice.



Favorite Quote

Now on to my favorite quote. I have several favorite quotes; some funny, some serious, and some that are just truth to always remember; some from poetry, some from the Bible, some from songs and some from my favorite movies.

One of my favorite quotes is from a cross-stitched piece that used to be in my parents' room when I was kid: "Happiness is being married to your best friend." I have found this to be true and am so glad that I married my very best friend.

One from Robert Frost that I know to be true: "Two roads diverged in a wood, and I -
I took the one less traveled by, And that has made all the difference." (From "The Road Not Taken"

From Pat Green: "Don't you think life would be awfully boring, if the good times were all that we had?"

From Philippians 3: 10-11: "I want to know Christ and the power of his resurrection and the fellowship of sharing in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death, 11and so, somehow, to attain to the resurrection from the dead"

One that makes me laugh (just for you sister): "There's more than one way to kill a dog than chocking him on butter."


1 comment:

Post a Comment