Thursday, August 5, 2010

Here Goes

So this weekend, Brant and I are going with 2 other couples from our Sunday School class on a canoe trip in Beaver's Bend, OK. We are so excited about going, but Emily has me scared to death.
Brant and I have been canoeing before and we actually work very well together. He simply tells me when to paddle and on what side. If he says "switch", then I switch. I just follow his instructions and it works! But this time, there is a level 1 and level 2 rapids, as well as a freakin' waterfall that we go down!!! I'm afraid we might be tumpin' over!

So Emily was kind enough to send me this picture this morning with the tagline: What you'll be doing Saturday!
So here goes nothing! We leave tomorrow as soon as I get home from work, and we'll be back Sunday night! So come back and see me on Monday and I'll tell ya whether or not I managed to stay IN the canoe!

What are everyone else's plans for the weekend?

1 comment:

Tricia Nae said...

First, I meant to tell you in the post before...my husband LOVES Beaver's Bend!!... LOVES it. SO funny that y'all are going there. Second, the first time he took me, he took me on a canoe in just this little shallow part of the lake (no rapids...just canoeing around). I was FREAKING out. Ha. You are SO much braver than me!! I'm sure you'll have a blast though. Charles wants to hike and canoe and horseback ride and do all this other outdoorsy stuff with me...and I'm all "do you think I changed personalities when we crossed the border?" Can't wait to hear about your trip!!

Post a Comment