Wednesday, October 3, 2012

A Letter from Daddy


Hi Daugther,
I'm your dad.


 Momma wanted me to tell you a little bit about me so you will know more about your dad.  I, like your mom, grew up in a Christian home in Garland, Texas.  I "grew up" when I was 18 because your Nana and Grandbob moved away to Arkansas, but I wanted to stay in Texas.  So I got my own apartment and lived by myself when they moved. 

Here are some of my favorite things:
  • My favorite color is blue.
  • My favorite animal is a cat...but its 51% cat and 49% dog....we have both so I like both but the whole reason we got Dax is because you're mother begged for a dog! But now I'm glad we have him.
  • My favorite food - this is tough. I really like everything, except olives, mushrooms and big chunks of tomatoes (your mother likes all 3, yuck). 
  • My favorite candy is Reeces Pieces.
  • My favorite sport is baseball (we actually tried to plan your birth around baseball season - it didn't work).
Some important things to know about me:
  • In high school is really when I learned how to have a relationship with Jesus.  If I had to tell you one thing that Jesus has been for me it would be that He is my Prince of Peace.  I'm not sure if we will ever fully know what peace if truly like until we meet Him - I don't think our minds can fully comprehend it.  But when I'm sad or having a bad day, He always provides me peace and I know it will all be ok. 
  • I learned what prayer was really all about right before I met your mom.  I had made some mistakes and I started praying for forgiveness, but for God to provide me a Godly woman to marry.  I met your mother shortly thereafter.  Then we had you.  It all started with prayer.  So know that prayer is a powerful thing.
  • I love nature.  There is something very special about being outside with God's creation.  I hope that one day I can take you to the ocean and to the mountains so you can truly experience how magnificent His creation is and stand in awe of its beauty.
  • If there is one thing I want you to always remember it is that you are good enough. Don't ever let anyone tell you "you're stupid" or "you're not good enough" because you ARE! You are my daughter and you were created by the King, and the King, my daughter, does not make mistakes! You are good enough, you are great enough, and you are perfect in my eyes. 
Your momma and I love you so very much, and I am proud to be your daddy.

I love you daughter,
Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment