Thursday, October 11, 2012

Its Ok to NOT be Popular

Sweet Baby Girl,
Today I want you to know that it is ok to not be popular, or the most liked person, or the best dressed, or have the best hair - you are you and that is the most important thing of all.

Take it from your momma, I was not Miss Popular in junior high, or high school, or college, but that doesn't mean I didn't have friends.  I had tons of friends in school, enjoyed my time of learning, and still had a great future.  I consider myself richly blessed and I am truly happy.  My life is fulfilling. 

Remember that school is just a chapter in life - its a small part of the "full-picture".  Its ok to not be the head cheerleader or date the star quarterback.  All too often its the cheerleader or Mr. Football that considers high school as the best time of their life - do you really want those few years to be you best?  I didn't.  I want these years to be my best - the years as your momma, my time with your daddy - these are the chapters of life that I consider my BEST! 

So, Do not be concerned about what other think about you.  March to the beat of your own drum.  Know who you are and what you want to be. Don't let popularity define you.  Be you!  Be the Godly woman that you are called to be.  I promise you love, the best is yet to come!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

I love this - such an important truth - even as an adult, sometimes! :)

Post a Comment