Sunday, October 21, 2012

A Step at a Time

Sweet Emmalee,
There will be times in life when you don't always know the answer.  For me, it was college.  I thought I was going to go to a college called Oklahoma Christian, but then there was Howard Payne, but I was never certain.. Then there was Dallas  we want are not Baptist University, but I was so unsure of where I was supposed to go.  I remember that it was July and school would start (no matter where I went) in just 2 short months.  I needed to complete applications, make a decision, schedule classes, move in and start the next four years of my life...but I had no idea what school to do it at.  So I spent days on my knees in prayer asked God to just lead my footsteps - to just walk me in the right way.  And He did - He was faithful.

You see, we don't always know the answers.  We look high and low, we seek out advice from others, we do anything we can to find the answers that we need. But one things is certain:  the Lord will always provide the answers we need, when we need them. But sometimes, His answers come in one piece at a time.  We have to just take His answers one step at a time.  In Proverbs (3:6), it says "In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your PATH straight."  A path is just a set of footsteps, so if we let Him direct our steps, then we will eventually travel a path. 

Do not be weary when you do not find answers that you want all at once.  Let the Lord work in your life and seek Him in every step. His path for your is great.  Put one foot in front of the other and go one foot at a time.  When you're going too fast, slow down and just take one more step forward.  When life is too tough, have the strength to just take one more step forward.  When you're heart is heavy with pain, look up to Him and take one more step forward. 

O love, seek the Lord and He will always direct your ways.  Remember to just put one foot forward and take one step at a time.  Every footstep leads you down the path.


No comments:

Post a Comment