Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Dear Daughter, About Me...

                                        



Today I thought I'd tell you all about your me - your mom.  

 
This is me.  As I am writing this I am 30 years old.  I was raise in Arlington, Texas in a Christian home with Godly parents and I pray that you will grow up with the same sentiment.  

Here are a few of my favorite things:

  • My Favorite food is anything Italian or chocolate, or Mexican...I like pretty much anything, to be honest
  • My favorite color is lime green
  • My favorite animal is a puppy
  • My favorite flavor of ice cream is Blue Bell's Butter Pecan, or Butter Crunch
  • My favorite candy are peanut butter M&M's
  • My favorite flower is a Stargazer Lily
  • My favorite holiday is Christmas (I LOVE the smells, the sounds, the hustle & bustle, family, etc)
  • My favorite movie is (a tie between) Steel Magnolias and Gone with the Wind.
A few important things you should know about me:
  • I love the Lord.  I was saved at the age of 6 and grew up in the church, but I never had a personal relationship with my Father until I was in college.  It wasn't until I felt completely alone did I turn to Him and cling to Him.  But clinging to Him was the best thing I ever did.  I made a lot of mistakes and a lot of bad choices, but He saved me and redeemed me from every single one.  If I had to describe what God is to me in one word - He is my SAVIOR.
  • I love my family - you, your daddy, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins - I love everything single one and family brings so much joy to my life. Your Aunt Cookie is one of my very best friends, and I pray that if you have any siblings that you would love each other unconditionally.  Pray for each other, go to battle for each other, and never forsake each other.  Family will get you through some of the toughest moments of your life. 
  • I am stubborn.  I would love to think that I was the perfect angel growing up, but your Granda would say differently.  I really like having things my way, but sometimes I have to step back and look at the big picture. 
  • I told you this yesterday, but ever since I was a young child, all I have ever wanted is to be a momma.  You, sweet girl, literally made my dream come true.  My love for your often brings me to tears simply because of the joy you bring to my life. 
 This is what you should know about your mom:  I'm a sinner saved by grace, a wife who loves your father more than I can express, a mother who never wants to let go, and a child who yearns to make her parents proud.


No comments:

Post a Comment