Saturday, October 6, 2012

Truths to Hold On To

Emmalee,
Today I wanted to share with you some of my favorite Bible truths that I want you to hold on to – those “got to” verse that hold a special place in my heart.  It’s these verses and truths that have made an impact on my life, and I hope, will one impact yours as well.

I am a worrier – I worry about everything under the sun, especially you!  I find myself worrying over your safety, whether I’m a good enough mom, what your future holds, etc.  I worry about all of it.  So in my deepest times of worry, this verse seems to always calm my spirit: “Don’t worry about anything, instead, pray about everything.  Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done.  Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand.  His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 4:6-7

In my second letter to you, I told you that growing up I made a quite a few mistakes and bad decisions.  There are still days when I feel Satan reminding me of these and trying to attack me with things of the past.  But I know that my God has redeemed me! He has already fought the battle and won the fights – He has set me free.   So this verse always speaks powerful truth to me: "Pay attention, O Jacob, for you are my servant, O Israel.  I, the Lord, made you and I will never forget you.  I have swept away your sins like a cloud, I have scattered your offenses like the morning mist.  Oh, return to me for I have paid the price to set you FREE.”   Isaiah 44:21-22

Micah 7:7 is another one of my favorite verses.  For those 2 years your daddy and I spend trying to have you, this is the verse that I would cling to.  The thing I think is so wonderful about this verse is that you are living proof that God was my help and He did hear my cries. “As for me, I look to the Lord for help, I wait confidently for God to save me, and my God will certainly hear me.”

This next verse is just a “classic.”  It one of those universal verses that can often just be spouted out of our mouths because we’ve heard it so many times.  But if you break it down and really grasp the truth God promises here, it is an incredible verse!   Maybe I need to remember this verse, too, when I worry about your safety and future, because this isn’t God’s promise just to me, it’s for me, and you, and your daddy, and everyone else who knows Him. “For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans for a hope and a future.”  Jeremiah 29:11

The last truth that I want you to remember is Jeremiah 33:3. I love that God promises us that He will continue to teach us wonderful things about Him, and about who He is, and about His love for us.  He wants to be our ultimate teacher. “Call to me and I will tell you great and unsearchable things you did not know.”

I pray that you see TRUTH in these verses and that these verses will be a light into some of the struggles this life may bring. 


No comments:

Post a Comment